We reached a huge goal last night thanks to our amazing followers. We love you!!
We hit the 100K mark on our Facebook page and to celebrate I’m sharing 100 reasons why I love to create. I thought it would be tough to come up with a huge list like this but it was easy!
Also, share a favorite reason to why YOU love to create and you can win $100 to your favorite craft or home improvement store!
Here we go (in no particular order)…
1. helping others – sewing a button on a busted shirt, hemming pants that are too long, etc.
2. the laughter when i fail big-time at a project
3. saving money on hair bows for my three girls by making them myself
4. the challenge to turn something old into something new
5. the feeling of accomplishment i get when i finish a project
6. the look on the face of the person when i give a special handmade gift
7. an excuse to craft with creative friends
8. watching tv in a whole new light and noticing creativity (home decor, clothing, crafts, etc.)
9. learning a new craft
10. the thrill of a new craft idea that pops into my head and wanting to share it
11. quilting with my mom brings me joy
12. boutiques make me happy – seeing their creativity
13. sharing some of the same creative passions with my sister
14. the joy of trying a new recipe and the family loves it
15. the way creativity gives me that “one of a kind” option
16. teachers others to create and seeing the happiness it brings
17. that I might be able to “inspire” others to create
18. Can I say washi tape? so many things you can create with it!
19. the feedback, kind words, and genuine compliments others give
20. I get to do what I love as a stay-at-home job
21. creating is my outlet
22. creating is my therapy
23. to see the way so many others create with their personal style
24. it keeps me learning and trying new techniques
25. I love walking around craft stores to see the newest products and what I can create next
26. I love reading crafty magazines
27. I love meeting new crafty people
28. I love a challenge
29. to share my talents
30. when the UPS man stops by the a box full of crafty items
31. creating teaches me about myself – my flaws, my strengths
32. designing my daughters bedroom with her – spending time together
33. I get to choose the quality in my home décor, craft projects
34. doing a monotonous craft while watching a favorite tv show or movie
35. being invited to teach and share how to projects
36. creating with my kids and hanging their proud pictures on the fridge
37. people craft all over the world and its fun to see the different creative cultures
38. have that alone time I need once in awhile
39. compete against myself – how many of something can I create in a certain amount of time
40. painting rocks in nature is a tradition we have every time we go camping
41. the brand new look of a newly painted room
42. the smell of spray paint – lol I know that might seem weird
43. the feeling I get when I finally get the thread in that stitching needle!
44. how I can use mod podge on just about anything on this planet.
45. giving a handmade card for no special reason, just to send a kind note
46. I can make anything sparkly with the touch of glitter
47. the simplicity of adding sleeves or length to a skirt to make it a modest style
48. adding personal touches to my home using photography and using creative ways to display them
49. learning to knit with grandma – even though I am horrible at it!
50. family girls nights with the ladies and we all bring a craft project we’re working on
51. how pretty my fabric looks all folded up and stacked!
52. displaying a wreath on my front door for each season
53. pinning crafty projects on my to do list on Pinterest
54. using vinyl to personalize just about anything
55. making a creative dessert at a potluck and have people ask you for the recipe
56. practicing a hobby and getting better at it
57. giving a present to somebody and knowing they don’t already have it because you made it
58. creating a thoughtful gift
59. going to the thrift store and seeing what a create with a random item
60. seeing an old pallet and imaging what I can do with it
61. two words. duct tape
62. taking a couple of favorite items and making them one. (example Oreos and Popcorn here)
63. creating my own printable coloring pages for my kids
64. hearing my children say “oh, my mom could make that”
65. I can remodel a room in my house one room at a time
66. my kids can have a go to place to grab craft supplies and be creative
67. creating fun games for parties
68. making homemade Christmas ornaments
69. giving a room a whole new look by sewing throw pillows
70. all the things I can do with my glue gun!
71. using bakers twine and brown paper to make beautiful packaging
72. shopping at those daily deal craft supply websites at home in my jammies
73. getting out the homemade play dough and watching the kids play with it for hours
74. being excited for the new Pantone color of the year
75. using my sewing machine that threads all by itself
76. that feeling you get when your craft room is organized – makes you want to create!
77. crafting using my own style. some trends I love, others I don’t. creating what I love.
78. delivering or mailing handmade invitations
79. making flower arrangements with my very favorite flowers
80. promoting other creative people
81. doing home décor projects with my husband
82. thinking of beautiful quotes and sharing them as a printable version
83. shopping on Etsy and really appreciating the time and effort that went into the creations.
84. bringing a homemade baby gift to a baby shower
85. coming up with creative ways to organize craft supplies
86. going to creative conferences
87. learning how to use power tools is fun and empowering
88. writing craft ideas in my “ideas” notebook
89. participating in craft challenges with other craft bloggers
90. following the latest crafty trends (and wondering why people put mustaches on their food-lol)
91. when people are excited to show me something they created because they know I’ll appreciate it.
92. seeing a tutorial and putting a creative twist on it
93. playing around with color palettes and designs
94. the surprise when you create something and it turns out better than you thought it would
95. creating lasting memories and displaying them in scrapbooks or photo books
96. throwing a creative New Years Eve party every year
97. would rather read blogs and cruise Pinterest than watch tv
98. finding something really expensive that I love, and saving money by making it myself.
99. love when someone asks “where did you get that?” and saying “oh, I made it.”
100. crafting with a diet coke and peanut m&m’s