I’m a mother of little ones and it is a challenge to keep things organized around our house. One thing that really helps with this is a chore chart. My children love to see their accomplishments visually and enjoy moving their magnets to the “done” side of the chart.
I was thrilled when UCreate was asked to be part of the Home Depot DIH Chore Chart series and asked to share a chore chart! I knew immediately what I wanted to share – an Instagram chore chart. Instagram is everywhere and is personally one of my very favorite apps to use.
Let’s get started…
- wooden board (I used size 11X13 but you can make longer/shorter depending on family size)
- Rustoleum Magnetic Primer
- favorite paint color for the board and spray paint for frames if needed.
- Wood Glue & Mod Podge
- wooden paint sticks cut into 1” squares
- mini frames (you can find these in the dollar sections at many stores)
- small magnets
- smooth roller brush
- photo template
- “to do” and “done” vinyl letters
The very first thing you need to do is cut your wood. We used some pine wood from The Home Depot and cut it to 11”x13”. You can make your chart larger/smaller depending on your preference.
1. Paint your board with the magnetic primer. Let dry completely. I did three coats so I could be sure the magnets would not fall off.
2. Paint over the magnetic primer with paint of your choice using roller. I used an apple green. Let dry completely.
3. Place “to do”, “done”, and line divider of vinyl on to your board. I used my Cricut cutting machine.
4. Next, I painted my mini dollar frames the same color using white spray paint.
Grab your mini frames and use wood glue to adhere them vertically on the chart board. Let dry.
Insert small pictures of your children into the frames – these can also be your Instagram photos, too. Which leads me to my next section: How to Print Instagram Photos for Magnets…
Before you start here, download this free template image I made to your computer. Click HERE to download.
Click “Edit a Photo”
Open photo instagram chore chart.jpg
Click on the heart with three shapes (overlays).
Click on the “your own” button near the top.
Grab an instagram photo, and adjust it to fit over a black square on the template.
Repeat Step 5 until all of your instagram photos are on the squares.
Print out and cut into 1 inch squares!
1. Using Mod Podge, adhere the photos to the one inch squares. Let dry.
2. Sand the edges of the photo and smooth the edges.
3. Place a thin layer of Mod Podge on the top of the photo to seal it.
4. Glue magnets on the back of squares.
Enjoy your new family chore chart!
This post is sponsored by The Home Depot. All opinions are 100% mine.
You May Also Love…