I started U Create in 2008 when most people didn’t even know what the word “blog” meant. I wanted a place where I could bookmark ideas I found around the web – much like my own personal Pinterest because sadly there was no Pinterest a few short years back. I’m passionate about blogging and publishing creative projects.
What will you find at U Create?
- thousands of free tutorials, recipes and projects that inspire “YOU” to create
- the latest craft trends and projects in the craft industry
- free printables and downloads for holidays, home decor, and simple gifts
- tips and tricks to make creating fun
- occasional guest posts from creative people all around the world
I get asked “what is your favorite thing you’ve created?” quite a bit.
My answer to this question is constantly changing but here are a few of my favorite creations…
Master Bedroom Reveal – campaign I did for HGTVHOME and Joann Fabric and Craft Stores.
Houndstooth Quilt – my very first quilt!
Peppermint and Snow Christmas Tree – campaign I did for Michaels Craft Stores
Funny Memes for the Crafter – in case you want to see my cheesy sense of humor!
- I love to read and I’m always looking for great books to read – feel free to send over your favorite suggestions!
- I have 4 amazing children and a crazy awesome husband – we’ve been married 14 years.
- I detest cantaloupe. I could eat M&M’s and peanuts every day.
- I have another blog where I share religious inspiration called LDS Lane.
- I LOVE to travel.
- I talk to my sister (Becky) on the phone everyday. Sometimes it’s about nothing.
- The best part about blogging is being inspired by creative people around the world and being able to share it with YOU!
- I won’t eat anything from the ocean.
- I served an LDS mission in California.
- I hate cooking…good thing the husband loves it!
- I have to put a fresh pair of socks on before bed…even though they end up coming off eventually.
- I am officially addicted to Words With Friends.
- I have an obsession with photography.
- I stutter. I love purple and peacocks.
- I make great stove top popcorn…no microwave stuff in this house.
- I am a die hard NBA fan. Go Jazz!
- I’m a member of the Riley Blake Design Team.
- I always tell everybody that I have the best job in the world!