1) Your first step is to snip your elastic band in half and measure it. (Mine were 6 inches) 2) The average headband is about 19″, so add as much trim as it will take to equal 19″ when added to your elastic, plus 1″ extra for seams. (i.e. 6″ elastic +14″ ribbon = 20″) Fold the edges of your trim over about 1/2″.
3) Lay one end of your elastic on top of the folded edge, wrap trim around elastic end, and pin.
4) Using a zig-zag stitch, sew your elastic to the trim very well, about 20 stitches. (you may also do this by hand, if you don’t have a machine)
5) Repeat steps 3&4 on the other end of your elastic.
6) Cut two, 3″ lengths of ribbon in a color that blends well with your elastic, and wrap it around the edges of the trim, glueing as you go, and tucking under the end of the ribbon for a finished look.
You May Also Like…