Hello Ucreate fans! This is Beckie from Infarrantly Creative, Knock Off Decor, and Roadkill Rescue. Today I am going to show you a really basic Mod Podged ornament that you can even make with the kiddos. Using pre-cut wood shaped frames makes it super simple and a great way to preserve in time your favorite picture of your kiddos year to year.
Matte Mod Podge
Shaped Frames – mine came from Joann Fabric & Craft Store
fun cardstock – mine is American Crafts
Silhouette machine or print out of shape to trace
1. Apply Mod Podge to the front of your ornament and then flip it upside down to adhere it to the back of the paper. Make sure to babysit it for 5 minutes burnishing it down to make sure no air bubbles form.
2. Using a sanding sponge or sandpaper sand the edges of the paper in a downward motion. Optional: I also sanded a little of my cardstock just to give it a worn look.
3. I found the same shape of the frame in the Silhouette American store and brought in pictures of my kids to the Silhouette studio program to cut. You could easily find the shape online and print and cut it out and use it as a template for your ornament. Print and cut out your framed pictures.
4. Apply Mod Podge to the back of the shaped pictures and adhere it to the front of the cardstock. Again babysit it for 5 minutes to make sure no bubbles form.
5. When dry coat the entire front of your frame with Mod Podge to seal the image and the cardstock. 1-2 coats should be good.
6. Use a hot glue gun to attach ribbon the the back and you are done.
Easy, customizable and fun to look back on. If you want you can date the back so you can remember the ages they were at this point in time. Here are a few more custom ornaments I have made over the years.