Christmas, it’s the most wonderful time of the year! Hi U-Create friends, I’m Kristen Duke, and I blog at Capturing Joy. I’m a portrait photographer turned DIY, food, party and FUN blogger.
I’m delighted to share a handmade Fabric Rosette Christmas Tree Ornament with you today. It’s SO easy to make, and done with all fabric scraps you keep laying around for SOMETHING special.
Have you ever made rosettes before? They can take a little bit of time, but I’ll sit and make a bunch while watching a movie. I’ve done necklaces with them for family photo shoots, and I thought it’d be fun to make a little Christmas ornament from them, too. The first time you make rosettes might need a little extra patience, it’s using both hands to tightly twist and roll the fabric around itself, but after the first, you’re good to go!
- scrap fabric
- glue gun
- scrap felt
- string/rope to hang
Here are the simple steps:
- Make 6 medium sized rosettes, one small size for trunk, x-small for star
- when I make a rosette, I twist it and glue gun it down every inch or so
- Line them up like a tree on the felt piece
- glue the rosettes down in your pattern
- cut around the felt on the back so you see it as little as possible
- glue on the rope/string to hang
- glue rosettes better to each other so they are stiff and solid
Hope you enjoy this fun ornament, that can also be great as gifts for friends and family.
I’ve got a few Christmas treats on my site that are a big hit, if that interests you:
I’d love you to join me on your favorite social media outlet! You can find me on: