First things first. Get those invitations out to your guests in no time by using this free printable party template!
Simple decorations are the best for homegating parties and you can create this DIY Football Party Backdrop and “GAMEDAY” banner in a few simple steps!
HOW TO MAKE A HOMEGATING PARTY BACKDROP
- 1-2 pieces of pegboard
- white duct tape
- Hang 1 or 2 pieces of pegboard (depending on how large your table is) behind the table.
- Make lines onto the pegboard using white duct tape to resemble a football.
PARTY TIP: Add some green artificial turf to add texture to the table and to give it that “football” feel!
HOW TO MAKE A “GAMEDAY” BANNER
- green cardstock
- alphabet stickers
- hole punch
- string or ribbon
- Cut out a simple banner pattern using green cardstock.
- Apply alphabet stickers from your local craft store.
- Punch holes on sides of each banner and hang with a string or ribbon.
FOOD and TREATS
Help your football guests fuel up by offering snacks, food, and treats!
Chips and a favorite dip are always a great party idea!
Set up a sandwich bar with sliced rolls, cold cuts, cheese slices, lettuce and tomato slices along with bowls of mustard, mayo and relish.
Grab your favorite wing and sauce recipe that will sure to be a hit with all of your guests!
We all know that drinks are a huge part of any party right? Grab a variety of drinks (including Dr Pepper of course) your guests will love and display them in metal buckets with ice!
Don’t forget to get your free printable invitations, too!!
Now you’re ready to party!
To get more homegating party tips and ideas, make sure to check out EVITE’s party guide!