My name is Kari and...
I started U Create as a passion about 5 years ago when most people didn’t even know what the word “blog” meant. I wanted a place where I could bookmark ideas I found around the web, kind of like my own personal Pinterest because sadly there was no Pinterest a few short years back!
I am passionate about blogging and publishing creative projects.
What will you find at U Create?
- Thousands of tutorials and projects that “inspire YOU to create”!
- Up-to-date craft trends
- Tips and Tricks to make creating fun!
- Beautiful photos and easy-to-follow tutorials
- Free Downloads for crafting, home décor, parties and more!
- Occasionally we love to share our very favorite recipes!
I get asked “what is your favorite thing you’ve created?” quite a bit.
My answer to this question is constantly changing but here are a few of my very favorite creations…
Master Bedroom Reveal - many before and after pictures!
Houndstooth Quilt - my very first finished quilt!
DIY Activity Lego Box - made these for my nephews one year for Christmas! I became the favorite Aunt!
Peppermint and Snow Christmas Tree - my dream Christmas tree!
- I love to read and I’m always looking for great books to read - feel free to send over your favorite suggestions!
- I rarely watch television, but two shows I never miss are Psych and Downton Abbey.
- I have another blog called LDS Lane where I share religious inspiration.
- I have 4 amazing children and a crazy awesome husband - we’ve been married 14 yrs.
- I detest cantaloupe. I could eat peanut M&M’s every day.
- I LOVE to travel.
- The best part about blogging is being inspired by creative people around the world and having the opportunity to share it with YOU!
Meet my sister Becky who also writes for U Create...
Oh, and she’s 11 months younger - that makes us Irish twins!
- I won’t eat anything from the ocean.
- I served an LDS mission in California.
- I hate cooking…good thing the husband loves it!
- I have to put a fresh pair of socks on before bed…even though they end up coming off eventually.
- I am officially addicted to Words With Friends.
- I have an obsession with photography.
- I stutter. I love purple and peacocks.
- I make great stove top popcorn…no microwave stuff in this house.
- I am a die hard NBA fan. Go Jazz!
- I’m a member of the Riley Blake Design Team.
- I always tell everybody that I have the best job in the world!