I grew up in a family where a good, hot bath cured just about everything. As an adult, a hot bath and a good book is my happy place after a long day. It helps me relax before bed and is my reward for accomplishing a lot that day.
Even better? When I add a favorite bath bomb. Here is the thing though. My skin is sensitive and I get nervous trying those cute bath bombs I see everywhere because I don’t know what ingredients were used.
Today I’m sharing you my bath bomb recipe that…
-doesn’t itch my skin
-doesn’t dye my skin
-and makes my skin feel SUPER SOFT
…I’ve used this many times and it’s my go-to for bath time and makes great gifts for friends!
BATH BOMB TUTORIAL
- 1/4 c Epson Salt
- 1/2 c citric acid
- 1/2 c corn starch
- 1 cup baking soda
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- peppermint 100% essential oils (or your favorite scent)
- Shamrock Wilton mold (at Michaels)
- green food coloring (optional)
- printable Shamrock tags
- In a mixing bowl, combine salt, citric acid, corn starch, and baking soda with whisk.
- In a seperate bowl, combine coconut oil (melt to liquid form), about 5-8 drops of peppermint essential oil, about 5 drops of green food coloring.
- Mix the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients. It will be sand-like and a little lumpy. I used a few squirts of water in a spray bottle to help mold better.
- Form shamrocks into the mold.
- Let dry for 2 hours.
- Print out LUCKY printable tags and you have a fun gift for any friend!