Teachers hold a special place in my heart; especially the ones who go above the call of duty and truly love my kids. I always like to do something special for them. This year I made a Teacher Appreciation Gift Planter with seeds, gardening gloves and a special treat.
“Planting the Seeds” Teacher Gift Tutorial
- Tin Buckets (bought set of three at IKEA for $1.99)
- 2 packages of seeds
- garden gloves
- paper bag
- silk flower
- Chalkboard label
1. Grab some twine and tie around the top. Attach flower and leaves with glue gun.
2. The chalkboard label was cut using the Silhouette and chalkboard vinyl. You could also use chalkboard contact paper (which must have been invented by a brilliant crafter, right?).
3. Next, cut up a paper bag and print the saying “Teachers plant the seeds of knowledge that will grow forever!” onto it in any font you’d like. Yes, you can insert it right into your printer…crinkle and iron to give it that distressed look!
4. Staple seed packets on the back of paper and place everything into the bucket!
Teachers can use this bucket all year long and label it however they’d like with the chalk label! What do you give your kids’ teachers each year? Do you have a favorite thing to give them?
Make sure to check out all our other great teacher gifts.
Post by Becky.