So for those of you who are new to our new “Buy it or D.I.Y. it?” series here’s how it works…
Each week I’ll share a craft and I’ll break it down like this:
- the cost to buy it
- the average cost to D.I.Y it or “Do It Yourself”
- supplies needed
- tutorial or link to tutorial
- average time it takes to make it
What I hope YOU will share:
- if you would rather “buy it” or D.I.Y. it in the comments
- any helpful tips you have for this week’s craft. Maybe you found a great deal on a craft supply?
This week I wanted to choose something with a Halloween theme and I instantly fell in love with the Bat Punch Bowl at Crate & Barrel…
Crate & Barrel Cost: $50.00
(only punch bowl included)
Average Cost to D.I.Y.: $30
(This cost includes a glass punchbowl from Target that includes 8 glasses, too!…if you find a thrift store punch bowl it can be way cheaper!)
Average Time to Make: 1 Hour
Halloween Bat Punchbowl Tutorial
- glass punch bowl
- one sheet of black vinyl
- optional witches brew recipe below
1. Clean punchbowl with glass cleaner.
2. Use your vinyl cutting machine to cut out one sheet of small bats. You can find these in the Cricut or Silhouette image library.
3. Randomly place the vinyl
4. Fill with your favorite punch or our delicious Witches Brew Recipe below.
Hand wash your bowl only. It is not safe for the dishwasher.
Witches Brew Punch Recipe
- 6 oz. package of orange Jello
- 1/2 cup of sugar
- 2 cups of boiling water
- 4 liters of gingerale
- 1 can pineapple juice (46 oz.)
- 1 can apricot nectar (46 oz.)
- 1/2 cup of lemon juice
1. Dissolve Jello and sugar in a large bowl with boiling water.
2. Stir in the pineapple, apricot, and lemon juices. Place in freezer container and freeze.
3. Remove from freezer 2 hours before serving and place in punch bowl.
4. Crush up the frozen mixture into big pieces.
5. Pour gingerale over mixture just before serving.
Makes about 2 gallons of punch!
CRAFT TIP: Remove vinyl and use different holiday images for different events!
So please tell us in the comments…
Would you Buy It or D.I.Y. it?