I have to admit I’m not a huge camper, but my family absolutely loves it! My favorite part about camping is probably the Dutch Oven Challenge that my family has every year. A winning recipe? These dutch oven ham and cheese potatoes that are a cinch to make!
DUTCH OVEN HAM AND CHEESE POTATOES
- 8-10 medium potatoes (peeled and diced)
- 1 onion
- 2 cups diced ham
- 1 pound of grated cheese ( I use mild cheddar)
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- salt and pepper
- dutch oven
- Layer onions, potatoes, and ham in dutch oven.
- Add soup and salt/pepper to taste. Cover for about 2 hours.
- Check on it and stir occasionally so it will cook evenly.
- When potatoes look done add a layer of cheese on top.
- When cheese is completely melted it’s ready to serve!
Enjoy and watch this dish be the first to disappear at your next family event! Great for camping trips, family reunions, potluck parties, and more!
-add cooked bacon instead of ham
-used scalloped potatoes instead of diced