Every once in a while we love to share a favorite recipe with you!
Being camping season and all, I have Smore’s on the brain and want to share a family favorite!
These are a cinch to make and the kids LOVE helping by putting in the mini marshmallows and chocolate chips!
Warning: when you take these to a potluck or an event, these will be the first to disappear!
- for crust:
- 4 T. melted butter
- 1 c. crushed graham cracker crumbs
- for cookie bars:
- ½c. brown sugar
- ¾ c. granulated sugar
- ½ t. vanilla
- 1 egg
- ½ c. softened butter
- ½ t. salt
- ½ t. baking soda
- 1¼c. flour
- 1 c. mini marshmallows
- 1 c. semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1 Hershey’s Milk Chocolate candy bar (reg size)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray square baking pan (9×9) with non-stick butter spray.
- Crush one cup of graham crackers and add melted butter – form crust in the bottom of the pan.
- Mix together: sugars, vanilla, egg, and softened butter. In a separate bowl combine the salt, baking soda and flour, once mixed combine with other mixture.
- Gently stir in the mini marshmallows and chocolate chips. Place dough on top of graham cracker crust.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes. Place Hershey bar pieces on top and bake for an additional 5 minutes. Cool and cut.
They are ooey-gooey so you might want to grab a fork!