Hello, lovely Ucreate readers! I’m Vanessa Brady from Tried & True and I’m here to show you how to make your own Permanent Chalkboard Wishlist. Kids (and adults!) will have fun filling it in year after year and when the holiday season is over, all you have to do is wipe it clean and store it for next year. I’m planning on taking yearly pictures with my kiddos and their wishlists…if they stay still long enough. 😀 Hope you enjoy the tutorial!
– free “All I Want For Christmas Is” printable
– chalkboard paint
– transfer paper
– white paint pen
– fine sandpaper
1. Apply a couple coats of chalkboard paint to the clipboard, waiting recommended time between coats. Allow to dry and cure completely.
2. Use the transfer paper to copy “All I Want For Christmas Is” Free Printable to clipboard. If you decide to tape down the transfer paper, you might want to tape it to the back of the clipboard. You can see how I accidentally pulled up a bit of the paint when I tried to remove the tape! (Just paint over bare spot if you make the same mistake.)
3. Color in transferred image with white paint pen. I gotta tell you, there’s a bit of a learning curve with paint pens. Too much paint and it’ll be hard to sand away. Not enough and it looks streaky. Just go slow and know that any mistakes you make will just add to the hand drawn look of it.
4. Once the paint is completely dry, take your fine sandpaper and gently go over image. Starting to look like chalk, huh?!
There you go…all you need to do now is fill it in, hang it up and wait for the gifts to come pouring in!
Thanks for having me, Kari!
1. Cupcake Chalk Birthday Favor 2. Fish Backpack 3. Girard Floor Cushion
3. Retro Space Age Stockings 4. Matryoshka Sewing Kit 5. Dollar Store Produce Bags
6. Skeleton Wreath 7. Peep Wreath 8. Kool-Aid Dyed Playsilks