I started U Create in 2008 when most people didn’t even know what the word “blog” meant. I wanted a place where I could bookmark ideas I found around the web – much like my own personal Pinterest because sadly there was no Pinterest a few short years back. I’m passionate about blogging and publishing creative projects.
What will you find at U Create?
- thousands of free tutorials, recipes and projects that inspire “YOU” to create
- the latest craft trends and projects in the craft industry
- free printables and downloads for holidays, home decor, and simple gifts
- tips and tricks to make creating fun
- occasional guest posts from creative people all around the world
I get asked “what is your favorite thing you’ve created?” quite a bit.
My answer to this question is constantly changing but here are a few of my favorite creations…
Master Bedroom Reveal – a campaign I did for HGTV HOME and Joann Fabric and Craft Stores.
Houndstooth Quilt – my very first quilt!
Peppermint and Snow Christmas Tree – my first dream tree! The campaign I did for Michaels Craft Stores (I’ve done 7 trees total for the dream tree challenge)!
- I love to read and I’m always looking for great books to read – feel free to send over your favorite suggestions!
- I found a new passion for drawing small, simple images about 1 year ago. It’s never too late to learn something new!
- I have 4 amazing children and a crazy awesome husband – we’ve been married 16 years.
- I detest cantaloupe. I could eat M&M’s and peanuts every day.
- I have another blog where I share religious-themed crafts and ideas called Latterday Lane.
- I LOVE to travel.
- The best part about blogging is being inspired by creative people around the world and being able to share it with YOU!