I’m so excited to participate in this DMC blog hop this week! I’ve been using DMC floss since I was in Kindergarten when my mother taught me to cross-stitch. Fast forward to today, and it’s still my go-to floss for all of my stitching projects!
Have you heard of mesh stitchable fabric? Me either. I was thrilled to get my hands on this stuff and give it a try. I designed a “Sewing is My Happy Place” pattern and decided to give it a try on this mesh…I love how it turned out. I even had the guts to iron and sew on the mesh – and it worked!
- DMC mesh fabric
- DMC 959 – aqua sewing machine
- DMC 304 – red thread in sewing machine
- DMC 414 – gray for parts of sewing machine
- DMC 3371 – black for letters
- fabric scraps (I used Bonnie and Camille basics moda fabric)
- black marker
- 8×10 frame
- “Sewing is My Happy Place” free pattern download
- Trace image onto mesh fabric using a transfer pen or a marker.
- Stitch the design using DMC floss in the above colors. I used 3 strands each.
- Sew your fabric squares together into strips. Next, attach them to the mesh. I used a zig-zag stitch on my sewing machine and it worked great. Iron your seams so they lays flat.
- Trim to fit an 8×10 picture and it’s ready to frame and display!
DMC is giving one of you a $50 Prize Pack Full filled with stitchable mesh fabric, stitchable cork fabric, cuffs, floss, and accessories!
To enter – simply leave a comment letting us know what you’d like to create with these materials!
Make sure you visit all the other bloggers as well and enter their giveaways too – we are EACH giving away a prize pack so there are lots of opportunities to win!!
Monday July 24:
Flamingo Toes – Cork Project
Tuesday July 25:
Positively Splendid – Cork Project
U Create – Mesh Project
Little Dear Tracks – Cuff Project
Wednesday July 26:
The Scrap Shoppe – Cork Project
Cutesy Crafts – Mesh Project
Random Acts of Amy – Cuff Project
Thursday July 27:
Lova Revolution – Cork Project
The Pretty Life Girls – Mesh Project
Wild Olive – Cuff Project