- Yellow poster board
- Yellow tissue paper
- Bakers twine
1. Cut out a sun on the yellow poster board or use your digital cutting machine large enough for a pom pom to fit in the center.
2. Trim 5 pieces of tissue paper the same diameter as the center of your sun. I was able to cut two pom poms out of one section of tissue paper.
3. Fold all 5 pieces of tissue paper 1” with accordion folds. Then cut (rounding off) each end with the paper still folded together.
4. In the middle of the paper, add a twist tie as tight as possible.
5. Carefully pull one tissue paper at a time, to fluff out the pom pom.
6. Tape the pom pom to the middle of the sun. Punch a hole in one sun ray. Tie bakers twine or string to the sun and then hang your Sunburst Pom Poms!
Other Sunshine Party Ideas: