Mother’s Day is around the corner and I decided to do a “favorite things” jar for my mother and grandmother – they can also be used as a vase to display their favorite flowers! Let me show you how simple these DIY Mother’s Day mason jars are to create…
- mason jar ( I used the half gallon size)
- chalk paint & paint brush (I used cheap sponge brushes)
- white cardstock
- painters tape (if you want striped jar)
- hole punch
- sand paper
- Paint the jars with chalk paint. Let completely dry. Cover with 2 coats. You can paint the lids/rings, too! CRAFT TIP: chalk paint is great for painting on metal, glass, porcelain – no priming needed!
- Striped vase: wrap the jar in painter’s tape. I painted 2 coats of white chalk paint and 2 coats of tan.
- Take sand paper and sand the words and the rim of the jars.
- Fill with mom/grandma’s favorite items or flowers!
- Print out Happy Mother’s Day tags (striped or solid)
- Punch a hole in the tags and tie with your favorite trimmings.
You have a gift mom or grandma will LOVE!