So I’ve never met a kid on this planet who doesn’t like to play with play dough. Now I have met an adult (my sister in law actually) who cannot stand the smell of the store bought play dough, so much so that it makes her sick. She’ll love this because she can actually make it smell like whatever her heart desires!
Use this basic recipe:
- 1 cup flour
- 1/4 cup salt
- 2 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 1 cup water
- 1-2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
- Mix above ingredients into a pan over medium heat until ball forms.
- Remove from pan and knead if for a couple of minutes on wax paper.
TIPS AND TRICKS
I put 1-2 tablespoons of oil because depending on what ingredients you add to your mixture you might need a little more or less oil. Just add until you get desired consistency.
Make sure any ingredient you try is non-toxic. We want to keep our kiddos safe!
Here are some versions you might want to give a try:
- Glow in the Dark Play dough
- Glitter Play Dough
- Holiday Play Dough (like gingerbread, pumpkin, candy cane, etc.)
- experiment and have fun with all different kinds!
FUN PLAY DOUGH IDEAS
Make some and take to a local daycare or church group.
Add some to a babysitting kit.
Use as birthday party favors and store a little bit in a plastic container or bag with a simple bow!
Give as a gift to a child with some cookie cutters, plastic molds, etc.
Do you have a fun play dough variation you’ve tried and loved? Please share in the comments!