Do you remember my Flea Market Challenge Post?
Well, today I’m thrilled to show you the final result of my jewelry armoire makeover using Valspar chalky finish paint!
Valspar chalky finish paint is available in 40 beautiful, tintable colors at Lowe’s. The hard part is choosing from so many amazing colors. I decided to go with the Trousseau Blue with a lightly, distressed finish.
You can choose from the following finishes:
- Ultra Matte: Apply chalky finish paint only.
- Satin: Apply chalky finish paint and then Clear Sealing Wax
- Distressed: Apply chalky finish paint, sand to distress, and then apply Clear Sealing Wax
- Antique: Apply chalky finish paint, then Clear Sealing Wax, and finish with a coat of Dark Antiquing Wax
Here are the simple steps I used:
1. Make sure furniture is clean.
2. Paint first coat of chalky finish paint in Trousseau Blue with a medium paint brush. Please follow directions on the Valspar chalky finish paint website. Make sure to dry completely for 8-12 hours.
3. Repeat step two with a second coat. Apply additional coats until you’ve reached your desired effect.
4. Distress edges lightly with sandpaper. Wipe off the armoire with a clean cloth.
5. Brush on Valspar Clear Sealing Wax in small sections, using a clean rag to gently and quickly wipe away excess wax. Let dry completely.
6. Add/Replace hardware.
Now for the exciting part! The AFTER photos…
Keep in mind that I didn’t prime or sand this piece one single bit! Easy right?!
I kept the original hardware on the bottom two drawers, and found the knobs for the smaller drawers on sale at Hobby Lobby.
I’m crazy about the result and now I’m looking around my house thinking “what I can paint next?” with Valspar chalky finish paint!
This post is sponsored by Valspar. All projects and opinions are mine.