So I had this idea to start a new series on U Create called “Buy it or D.I.Y. it?”
How it works…
Each week I’ll share a craft and I’ll break it down like this…
- the cost and where to buy it
- the average cost to D.I.Y it or “Do It Yourself”
- supplies needed
- tutorial or link to tutorial
- average time it takes to make it
Also, there are certain things that I do not like to craft and I always prefer to buy them (example: I do not knit/crochet and would rather purchase those items).
We all have different talents and things we can’t wait to D.I.Y. and others we avoid at all costs. Am I right?!
So let’s start with this beautiful fall wreath…
…from The Pottery Barn.
Pottery Barn Cost: $99 (14.00 shipping not included)
Average Cost to D.I.Y. it: $23.50
Average Time to Make: 1 hour
PUMPKINS AND GOURDS WREATH TUTORIAL
Pkg of Mini Pumpkins and Gourds ($10-$15)
Bag of Fall Leaves ($4)
Fall Berries ($3)
Grapevine Wreath ($5)
Glue gun sticks ($1)
1. Lay wreath on flat surface and place pumpkins and leaves randomly along your grapevine wreath.’
2. Glue the leaves and berries first.
3. Glue your pumpkins and gourds to fill in the wreath.
4. Hang on your front door and enjoy your beautiful fall wreath!
So please tell us in the comments…
Would you Buy It or D.I.Y. it?
POST BY: Kari Sweeten