It’s that time of year again for the annual “Michael’s Dream Tree Challenge“!
This is my 5th year participating and I have to tell you this year’s tree is my absolute favorite and I’ve never done anything like it.
Let me show you my 2016 dream Christmas tree I call … Winter Won”deer”land!
Each year I always try to pick something that is trendy, different, or something “I” want. Well, this year my husband didn’t know it, but I was inspired by him! He went hunting this past deer season with my son and I told them if they found any antlers to bring me back some (as a joke…kind of).
While they were gone, I went shopping for all of my dream tree supplies at Michael’s and I was so excited to find deer and antler decor galore!!
I surprised my husband with this Christmas tree and he said it was his favorite tree I’ve ever done. My whole family agreed with him!
Christmas Tree items and tricks used…
- 9 ft. Christmas Tree
- White Deer Head Plaques
- Bag of Buffalo Snow
- premium metallic gold spray paint by Krylon
- plastic glitter snowflakes
- antler and pinecone picks (in floral section)
- tons of different-sized gold bulbs
- Ivory Tree Skirt
- I sprayed my tree gold. Now, this didn’t turn out as shiny gold as I thought it would because it was difficult to cover the green tree, but it still gave it a glimmery, gorgeous look in the end!
- Next, I started with the biggest ornaments and picks first. I placed them evenly around the tree.
- I placed a few of the antler picks on top to create the tree topper.
- I added the smaller ornaments and ended with the snow. One bag of snow did the whole tree – a little goes a long way.
POST BY: Kari Sweeten
You will absolutely LOVE checking out all of the other Michaels Maker trees! They are gorgeous and all so different and unique!
This is a sponsored post by Michael’s. All projects and opinions are mine.