Hi there! I am so excited that Kari asked me to come share a tutorial! U Create is at the top of my reader and I love her even more after meeting her at CBC! Michelle, from A Little Tipsy here!I am a SAHM of 1.5 boys and married to a big ole geek (software developer) of a husband. I love projects that can be done during nap time on a single income budget. I just turned the big 3-0 and still can’t believe my twenties are gone, I am a total kid at heart!
Nail Polish Washer Accessories
I love the glazed and stamped washers and decided to put a fun new twist on the washer. I “glazed” them using nail polish.
- Supplies needed
- Nail Polish (color and clear)
- Cereal Box
- Accessory supplies: key ring, necklace, charms, clasps
- (all the accessory supplies I used were 50% off at Hobby Lobby and cost $2 or less)
2. Paint a light coat in the back of the washer so it will be the same color if it flips when you are wearing your necklace/bracelet.
4. For the top, really glop it on. There are four different techniques I used.
A. Paint small circles (I did about 10) to get a spirally effect.
B. Drag your brush from the inside to the outside all the way around to make it look like the iris of an eye. Next time I would do this in blue or green. 🙂
C. Stipple with your brush to get a hammered type look.
D. Drag your brush in circles around the whole washer.
5. Let dry until hardened. Add a clear coat to protect and add shine.
Now embellish however you like.
Add a clasp and a charm for a fun key chain.
Play with chains (mine was a 60 in. that I wrapped), clasps, and charms for a super versatile necklace. Click any of the images to see them up close.
Thanks again to Kari and I hope you’ll come visit me soon!