This month for the Michaels Makers Challenge we were asked to create a Halloween costume and share the tutorial with you!
I was trying to think of a “crafters themed” costume and decided to walk down the aisles at Michaels until something popped into my head. Well…I went down an aisle with some school supplies and found a large green display board.
It clicked. I knew I wanted to make a costume to look like two of the most-used items in any craft room (or at least any crafter that sews) and knew I had to make an Olfa Cutting Mat and Rotary Cutter costume!
- large cardboard display board (mine was already green)
- Yellow Sharpie paint pen
- Black and gray Felt
- Yellow t-shirt
- String or ribbon
- Glue gun or spray adhesive
1. Draw horizontal and vertical lines on display board with yellow Sharpie.
2. Draw numbers and ruler markings, too.
3. Trace out the cutting blade on black and gray circles (I used three different sized plates).
4. Cut felt and adhere to yellow t-shirt using glue gun or spray adhesive.
1-2. Measure the middle of the mat to your body to see where to cut holes.
3. Cut two holes in the display board and thread with ribbon or string long enough to tie to shoulders or waist.
4. Tie around shoulders or waist to secure the mat.
You’re finished with your “Crafty” costume!!
<!– end InLinkz script —>