I really wanted to come up with a craft that kids can make and play with.
I’m pretty happy with how it turned out
And… I want a cookie:)
Not only will your kiddos be able to make this they will also have a blast…
Rolling out the Dough
Cutting out Cookies
and Frosting- yum!
Let’s get started!
- Cookie Cutter
- Large Needle
- Embroidery floss
- Polyfill (optional)
- Cardboard & Gray paint (optional)
***This craft is a great introduction to hand sewing for your little ones. Make sure you supervise and help with the cutting:)
1. Pin 2 pieces of dough colored felt together and cut out a skewampish circle. In a large running stitch sew around the edge.
2. Trace around the outside of your cookie cutter. Cut out the cookies along the line (time for mommy’s help)
3. Use a large running stitch to stitch around each cookie cut-out
4. Sew your cookies together with a running stitch. If you want you can add a bit of fluff to them before doing the last few stitches
5. Cut out frosting in a couple different colors to add to each cookie
6. Complete the set with a cookie sheet. If you have one already great or you can give a piece of cardboard a quick paint job.
Have fun making these scrumptious cookies with your kiddos! This would be a really fun Valentine’s Day gift for your older ones to make for their younger siblings:)
Thanks for having me!
I hope you’ll stop by Nap Time Crafters and hang around awhile.