Hi All! This is Jera from Quilting In The Rain and I am thrilled to be posting on Ucreate for the first time! A little bit about myself…
- I started quilting 5 years ago and immediately got the quilting-bug.
- I work full time (in the biotech industry), and started my blog one year ago as an outlet to my creative side.
- I quickly learned that I love teaching others to quilt, hence all of my tutorials. Stop by my blog for simple, unique and clear tutorials! 🙂
- I am a self described fabric addict – gorgeous fabrics are what inspire me to quilt!
- My dream is to open a fabric shop – my online shop will launch this Fall!
- And lastly, I’m a mommy-to-be! I’m 10 weeks along!
Thanks so much for checking out my tutorial. As mentioned above, I love simple and this tutorial is only 3 steps…
Materials (57″ x 50.5″ quilt top):
- 1 jelly roll (you will have plenty of leftover strips!)
- 1 solid white jelly roll
- 3 yards backing
Step 1 – Trim the strips from both the colored and solid white jelly roll to the exact measurements represented in the cutting diagram below. (Note: the measurements below are the exact cutting measurements of the unfinished pieces). Since a jelly roll strip is 2.5″x44″ long, in some cases you will need to sew a couple strips together and then trim it to get the measurements shown below.
- Left and right borders – 46.5″ long. Sew these on first.
- Top and bottom borders – 57″ long.
That’s it! Simple and absolutely beautiful! Thank you for checking out my tutorial! Happy Quilting! -Jera at www.QuiltingInTheRain.blogspot.com