This month’s Michaels Maker’s challenge is all about Mother’s Day! I decided to do a “favorite things” jar for my mother and grandmother – for my mother-in-law I decided to turn a mason jar into a vase using some flowers to match her living room!
Let me show you how simple these DIY Mother’s Day mason jars are to create…
- mason jar ( I used the half gallon size)
- chalk paint & paint brush (I used cheap sponge brushes)
- white cardstock
- painters tape (if you want striped jar)
- hole punch
- sand paper
- Paint the jars with chalk paint. Let completely dry. Cover with 2 coats. You can paint the lids/rings, too! CRAFT TIP: chalk paint is great for painting on metal, glass, porcelain – no priming needed!
- Striped vase: wrap the jar in painter’s tape. I painted 2 coats of white chalk paint and 2 coats of tan.
- Take sand paper and sand the words and the rim of the jars.
- Fill with mom/grandma’s favorite items or flowers!
- Print out Happy Mother’s Day tags (striped or solid)
- Punch a hole in the tags and tie with your favorite trimmings.
You have a gift mom or grandma will LOVE!
- Michaels has everything you need to craft the perfect handmade gift that will make Mom’s day.
- If you don’t know where to begin, you can always take a look at some of the fun projects on Michaels.com or the other 49 Makers’ ideas on The Glue String for to see how they personalized their crafts!
This post is sponsored by Michaels. All projects and opinions are by U Create.