This month’s challenge is all about “Personalization”! If you haven’t seen Michaels new Alphabet Soup by Make Market™ line head there and see the many different sizes, colors, and styles of letters. Just think of all the amazing things you can create!
When I was given the challenge to personalize something I tried to think of something that is special for our family. I wanted a saying or phrase that we always use so I could display it as home decor to remind us. One of the most-used sayings in our home (and one of our family mottos) is “Work Hard Play Hard”.
We try to instill a work ethic in our children, but we always want to remember to play and have fun, too!
DIY FAMILY MOTTO
I found 3″ metal letters, sat on the floor of Michaels (yes I got crazy looks!), and spelled out our family motto. So luckily they has all the letters I needed!
- 12×24 piece of plywood
- metal letters
- wooden heart embellishment
- CraftSmart chalkboard paint (color aqua)
- glue/glue gun
- sanding paper
- Paint plywood desired color. Let completely dry.
- Lay out all of your letters and find out just how you want them to be glued.
- Glue on letters (I used a glue gun, but you could use metal or wood glue, too)
- Add any embellishments.
Display in your home!
This post is sponsored by Michaels. All opinions and projects are by U Create.