Tis the season for holiday baking and I am thrilled to be sharing these fabulous Eggnog Cookies with you today! There is just something about the cooler nights and shorter days that has me firing up the oven more often. We love these moist, flavourful cookies that are a perfect addition to any of your Christmas festivities.
These Eggnog Cookies are essentially a seasonal take on the classic sugar cookie. They have the rich flavours of nutmeg, cinnamon and eggnog which is one of my favorite combinations. I like to serve them with eggnog shakes for the kids and a chai tea latte for momma. Are you with me? Seriously delicious!
- 1 ¼ cup sugar
- ¾ cup margarine
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ½ cup eggnog
- 2 ¼ cups flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- For icing:
- 2 oz cream cheese, softened
- ¼ cup margarine
- 1 cup confectioners sugar
- 2 Tbsp eggnog
- Preheat the oven to 350.
- Cream together first five ingredients until smooth.
- In a medium bowl combine dry ingredients and carefully add to the wet ingredients. Mix well.
- Drop dough by the tablespoon (walnut sized amount) onto greased cookie sheets. I like to use my Pampered Chef cookie scoop for even portioning.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes until bottoms are just brown.
- While baking combine ingredients for icing.
- Allow cookies to cool before drizzling the cream cheese eggnog icing overtop.
You may want to freeze these after baking or at the very least hide them in the pantry otherwise they will be gone all too soon. My kids like to wake up early and sneak a few from the cookie jar hoping that I won’t see the trail of cookie crumbs across the counter.
Be sure to visit Twin Dragonfly Designs for more holiday baking, Christmas craft projects and festive decor ideas!