My favorite way to make potato salad is using my Instant Pot. No heating up the oven or the stove and it’s so simple to make!
My Aunt Bonnie shared a recipe years ago that’s kind of been in the family (it’s AMAZING!) and I’ve adjusted it a little bit over the years and more recently to make with my Instant Pot!If you’re an Instant Pot lover I’m sure you’ve tried to boil eggs in your IP. They are perfect and I never cook them any other way.I decided to try potatoes a while back and they turned out awesome (I don’t even poke holes or oil them up …just scrub them clean and put them in the pot!).The dressing is soooo good. You’ll see below that I used Miracle Whip. I’m actually team Best Foods, but when making potato salad it just tastes so good with Miracle Whip.
- 10 potatoes
- 8 large eggs
- 1 small onion
- sliced can of olives
- ¼ cup of pickle relish or diced pickles
- 2 cups of Miracle Whip
- ¼ c sugar
- ¼ c white vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons of mustard
- 2 teaspoons of celery salt
- Place your potatoes and 1 cup of water into the Instant Pot and cook on manual for 20 minutes. Quick release. Set aside with tongs and wash out Instant Pot for the eggs.
- Place eggs in Instant Pot and use the egg button or 5
minuteon manual. Slow release for 5 minutes. Next, use tongs to place eggs in a bowl of ice water.
- Mix the following in a blender or using a mixer to create dressing: Miracle
whip, sugar, vinegar, mustard, celery salt.
- Peel potatoes with a butter knife and dice.
- Peel eggs and chop.
- Chop onion (I do this very small and fine)
- Mix in a separate bowl: potatoes, eggs, onion, olives, pickles.
- Add and stir the bowl of dressing.
- Chill in refrigerator for a few hours or overnight before serving.
This is a hit at all family events, picnics, and BBQ’s — even the picky eaters love it!
POST BY: Kari Sweeten